What are the advantages?
- Faster Delivery – Collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings – An integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality – Design-Builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Singular Responsibility – One entity is held accountable for cost, schedule, and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden – Owners can focus on the project rather than managing multiple contracts.
- Reduced Risk – The Design-Build team assumes additional risk.
- Reduced Profit Margin – An integrated team is fully and equally committed to controlling costs.
- Improved Communication – Design-Building streamlines communication between designers and builders.