C.T. Brayton & Son’s Response to COVID-19
Construction is vital to the communities we work and live in. Our projects have been deemed essential by Executive Order N-33-20 from the Governor of California and are continuing to operate in accordance with local health guidelines as shelter-in-place orders and other community guidelines go into effect across the state. Protecting our workforce and enabling our subcontractors to put their crews to work in a safe, controlled, and healthy environment is and will always be paramount. Given the current guidance from national industry and health authorities, such as the Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as local health agencies, it is safe to keep our job sites and offices open so long as we follow proper protocols for physical distancing, personal hygiene, and disinfecting work areas.
C.T. Brayton & Sons is taking every precaution to minimize the risk of infection on our job sites and has implemented these and other preventative strategies as part of our overall Pandemic Disease Health & Safety Plan:
- Reinforce the importance of physical/social distancing, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette with the workforce, including:
Frequent hand washing
Avoiding touching nose, mouth, and eyes
Avoiding handshaking or other close contact
Covering mouth and nose with a tissue or elbow when coughing or sneezing
Maintaining a safe, 6’ distance from others
- Educate workforce on the symptoms of COVID-19
- Require individuals who are sick to stay home
- Encourage high-risk individuals to stay home
- Perform cleaning and the sanitization of frequently touched surfaces, portable toilets, and shared tools on the site
- Implement measures for physical/social distancing including spreading out work as much as possible, and encouraging workforce to minimize close contact (within 6’ of others) to the greatest extent possible
- Hold remote meetings through teleconferencing
Immediate notification to our leadership team is required if anyone on the project has:
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Had close contact with someone known to have tested positive for COVID-19
Protocols have been established in accordance with CDC and OSHA recommendations to address a confirmed case of COVID-19 on a job site or in an office, including isolating the individual, investigating and informing those who may be impacted, and disinfecting impacted areas.
This situation is constantly evolving, and we are actively monitoring new developments.
C.T. Brayton & Sons remains fully committed to operating in accordance with the guidelines set forth by OSHA and the CDC as well as state and local health agencies. We will continue to act responsibly to help contain the spread of COVID-19.